View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 06:08 AM   #28 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
no see the problem with open throttle blades means you cannot hook a positive displacement supercharger to the car. your only options are turbo and centrifugal (hence stillen using a vortech) I have my own way around this particular problem but i would like to not have to install a separate electronic box and another set of throttle bodies.

Edit: is not being able to sue the most efficient form of supercharger made good enough reason for uprev to release this or not? who in there right mind is going to make a kit that is impossible to rune without having the software to back it up?
Why can't you have a positive displacement blower? Is the problem constant pressure? Couldn't you just use a bypass or clutch type engagement?

Anway, the stock VVEL settings are probably more forgiving for any blower than a turbine anyway -- blowers aren't built in exhaust restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37Sam View Post
Thing is, UpRev can control ECU parameters directly, but the VVEL has it's own controller I believe, can that be accessed from the OBD2 port? And would getting more lift be as simple as editing a number in some table somewhere? Or would the mechanical capabilities of the VVEL restrict that?

God I hate how this VVEL is a black box that we just have to live with
I have read this elsewhere.

For the electronics savvy, the simplest way is probably to figure out what voltages various VVEL sensors are looking for to vary lift and valve timing and then just condition those signals by splicing into the ECU wires. Thus, no tuning code would be needed, and in theory, the ECU would "think" it's operating as normal. That's essentially how piggyback VVTi and VVTLi controllers like the Camcon and V-manage work.

So... the million dollar question is: Does anyone have the VVEL ECU wiring diagram, the schematics for the VVEL sensors, or know anything about their operation, voltages, resistance, etc?