View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #43 (permalink)
Sandra Dee
Base Member

Drives: 370ZRdstr BLK Cherry
Sandra Dee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMZ View Post
No way no how. When I sat down with the finance guy I told him I didnt want anything extra at all. When he asked why I told him they were all bs and a waste of money. "Paint sealant" is an even bigger bunch of bs and it pisses me off more to hear that tripe because Im pretty heavy into detailing. Now if a bunch of stuff starts breaking before 36K I might pony up and get it, but if not, and I dont see that it will...
i know this is an old thread, but wanted to ask you since you are a detailer. I have a 2010 370Z that has 1800 miles on it. I took it to get detailed and the guy told me about some "spots" where the clear coat is cracking-he said it looked like tree sap did it. The Simoniz people sent an adjuster who said it could be wet sanded and re clear coated then re Simonized. I also took it to a body shop who said it would need to be repainted -that you cannot take just the clear coat off.
Which one is more correct? Since the warranty with the clear coat is the one in question-I called Simoniz directly. Thanks for your help.
Sandra Dee is offline   Reply With Quote