View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 12:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
ocfoilist
Base Member

Drives: 09 Blue 6m 370zT/S/N
ocfoilist is on a distinguished road

I have a similar question. The quality of the bluetooth on my '09 is absolutely terrible. I have an iPhone4 (although I had the same quality on my iPhone 3G) and it is crystal clear when I am using the phone. But as soon as I switch to the bluetooth I can only hear about 1 in 3 words from anyone, and it's the same for the receiving person. I can switch back and forth between phone and bluetooth and the call quality is night and day.

It's not primarily road noise, although obviously that does have some impact. But the same person in the same moment can either hear me perfectly or can't understand a word I'm saying, depending on whether I'm using the phone directly or through bluetooth.

It's better (but still not great) if I'm stationary or moving slowly but it's not really the road noise that people are hearing - it's a muffled sound and a lot of cutting out.

I'm thinking of bringing it in to the dealer but I fear the old 'I can't see any problem' run-around. Then I had the good idea to get on the road and call the dealer with the bluetooth. When they tell me that they can't understand what I'm saying, I'll switch over to the phone directly and explain why I want to bring it in...