View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
christian370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z/Saab 900se
christian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Made some progress

Today was a very good day, I was bummed that the Z store did not have any Berk HFCs in stock (they ordered a pair, 2-3 days and I will have them) so I stopped by Stillen to check out their headquarters and to grab a set of their sway bars. It is amazing how large their operations are; they have 3-4 buildings just to handle their inventory and operations not to mention their mechanic shop where all the good stuff is. So I walked around a bit and paid for the sway bars and drove home to install them.

Let me just say that the front was super easy, but the rear was much more of a pain. Dropping the exhaust and rear subframe cross member and brace were not bad but it was just a bit time consuming since it was my first time working on the car. I then made the blunder of putting it in the wrong way round so I was sitting there trying to figure out why it wouldn't fit. All said and done, I enjoyed the install and it was a nice way to check out the mechanical layout of the car and get my first mod under my belt!

Pictures of Stillen:

I know this car looks familiar, I remeber the red wheel faces from one of the threads I looked through but I can't think of it... Anyone here? It was in the last stages of getting tuned:

My little spending spree at Harbor Freight:

The Sway Bars:

If I am honest, I could not feel a huge change between the stock and Stillen sway bars driving around town but once I hit the highway and took some on and off ramps, holy mother of jesus. It had no percievable body roll and felt pinpoint accurate. Honestly, I could only imagine what a good set of coilovers could do for this car but I think that the only time they would make a difference is on a track because there is no way you can use the handling potential and prowess this has even with just sway bars on almost any public road. Since I had to disconnect the muffler, I also started it up sans muffler and it sounded awesome which made me lust for some exhaust mods.

Stay tuned for exhaust and intake work!
christian370z is offline   Reply With Quote