View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
OffTheLine
Base Member

Drives: 1982 Beater
OffTheLine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewClarke View Post
It's the good 'ol ten percent rule. Canada's population (ie: car sales) is a mere one tenth that of the USA.

'nuff said

(btw, just feel lucky we get the 370Z at all)
I can't argue that sales in Canada are but a percentage of sales in the US. This fact however should not restrict us from having a production vehicle's full line up availible to us. If Nissan deems it worth while to manufacture and produce a $100K super car in Canada, It does not make any sense why a $4000.00 performance package should not be marketable as well.

I don't know about any one else, but we are the consumers. We are Nissan's sales audiance for the 370z in Canada. If it weren't for us, they would have "0" sales in Canada. Nissan should be catering to us, not us having to grovel for the interior color we would prefer on our $50K investment. After reading posts for sales experiances within Canada, it would seem most consumers in Canada are rolling over for Nissan while saying "Thank you sir, can I have some more?", mean while were paying too much and not being provided basic options marketed on NIssan's public website.

I can only speak for myself, but personally when I am in the market next year for a sports car, the car I buy will be on my terms and not the other way around. I think the problem is, we are creatures of a society that dictates we "HAVE TO" have the newest best product on the market and we will do anything to obtain it. For your viewing pleasure, I provide the following as an example:
Sony Releases New Stupid Piece Of **** That Doesn't ******* Work | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

In closing, Nissan needs are buisness more then we need theirs. That in mind, Nissan should be catering to us, not the other way around.
OffTheLine is offline   Reply With Quote