View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 03:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chii370 View Post
Has anyone came up with a way to turn off this cars limiters that don't cost 550+ dollars from the get go? I personally believe that if you sell a sports car like this that anyone that even speaks the word "limiter" in the development phase should be immediately executed on the spot that being said there are only 2 on the car that concern me, i couldnt care less about the rev limiter as it actually aids against stupid people blowing up the engine. But the top speed limiter (155mph) and the WOT control (wide open throttle/0-60 acceleration limiter) are a complete waste on a genuine sports car.....

I can understand maybe putting these on the base or touring models, but i have a nismo for Christs sake!! lol thats like going to Iraq, getting an M16 handed to you and saying "you know what? i only want 5 rounds in each of my clips" then proceeding to take out the other 25 in each clip and throw them away.

If anyone knows or has particular skill in reprogramming these cars w/o the aid of a crazy fat wallet it would be most helpful..... and im sure im not the only one frustrated with it :P

The "torque limiter" in low gears (1st for sure, and possibly 2nd as well) is an igntion spark advance and throttle control to prevent frying the rear tyres and more importantly, giving the gearbox a hard time in lower gears.

It is Nissan's defence mechanism against ham-firsted launches that break the gearbox (think "dial up 7-grand and sidestep the clutch pedal" type launches).

Bear in mind that a gearbox is actually a torque multiplication device - and 1st gear in a 6MT has a ratio of 3.7949 to 1 implies that each tooth in 1st gear has to deal with 3.7949 times maxTorque of 365Nm .... hence Mr Nissan's worldly engineers thought "we have control of the throttle and spark so we'll take the edge off this ... and maybe the gearbox will last a little longer".

Sure, you might not be able to accomplish the long snakey twin black line launches in an older car, but you can still launch at the limits of tyre adhesion, it is just not so spectacular.

If you really want spectacular, spend the bucks ...

RB

Last edited by BGTV8; 08-02-2010 at 03:11 AM.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote