View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

hmmm i very well may be wrong about the WOT limiter but it was my understanding that they are to limit wheel spin and maximize take off, not eliminate it all together to PREVENT wheel spin like VDC does. There are many sports cars that have this, but its been factory tuned based on that particular cars performance to best suit launching the vehicle off the line, especially on a car that has a lot of horse power. even with 285 tires in the back 350 FWHP is more then enough grunt to get them roasting and the revs bouncing off the red line, so this assists with it. VDC on the other hand cuts out fuel and air intake to the cylinders as soon as it detects wheel spin for poor road condition control. please correct me if im wrong, im more of a old school car guy so some of the newer car tech is somewhat unfamiliar to me but that's how i understand it. I guess i just don't like the idea of the car being hampered. It just doesn't make any sense to even put a limiter on it in the first place, even a stock 2010 hemi SRT8 Challenger can get up to around 171 (watch top gear) and is limited by aerodynamics, so why so worried about a 6 cylinder import? its true that these days 155 is the limit on most cars, but not all.... so what dictates this exactly?

Thanks for the info WarmandSCSI, would you recommend one of the tuners you can buy from say.... HKS, AEM, or Hypertech? they claim that they just simply plug in under the dash, are custom made for each specific motor (even the nismo vs normal Z) and takes but about 15 min to turn off all the limiters and get a slight tune increase..... this seems to good to be true, otherwise there wouldn't be trained professionals using very sophisticated equipment over the span of days in testing to tune a car. And if they DO work, will they work if you have the car turbo or supercharged since they usually come with a whole new ECU thats been custom flashed.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote