View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
initialgemini
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 FX 35
initialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_Asiatik View Post
^they already take enought taxes from my wages to pay for roads, the street in front of my house needs fixing since mid 90's and nothing has been done wheres my money going?

how is having a front plate and tint laws protecting me?
why is it i get ticketed for loud exhaust when there are harleys riding in the roads with exhaust sounds that can blow anyones ear drums
those are the kind of rediculous laws im talking about
About the roads in front of your house. You'd either have to ask LA county or the city, depending on if your city has its own public works.

I pay taxes too. I also pay taxes on gas, food, sales items, etc just like most hard working people in this country. Its the price we pay for living in American society. Since you started a petition, hopefully you vote as well to "know" where your tax money is being spent. Maybe you should start a petition to fix the road in your city? You'd probably be a lot more successful.

I'm not trying to be an ***. But I sympathize with your grievances about car restrictions. Sure it sucks. But like I said with the front license plate, what if you saw someone hit your car and you couldn't get a plate number because you only saw it from the front? You have a license plate for identification reasons. Sure aesthetics-wise it sucks. But from personal experience, I was lucky enough to have caught someone because they had a front license plate. So IMO I wouldn't ask for them to be taken off because I don't want to drill holes in my front bumper. Maybe they don't have them in other states because the number of cars in California probably outnumber the population in some states, lol.

You're right exhaust notes on a Harley should be just as restricted as a car. However, I must make this note. If you have ever driven a motorcycle, you know damn well you are practically invisible to other drivers. Having that sound helps warn drivers you're there. I have CHP friends who when on their motorcycle still have people swerve into them because they don't see them. It could be why motorcyclist are allowed to have blinking front lights for their safety. Too bad we can't use that reason for ourselves.
initialgemini is offline   Reply With Quote