View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #38 (permalink)
KillerBee370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with passion
KillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Guns don't get registered here in Georgia. And private sale is permitted. So I'm not sure about this transfer order thing. Let's say a gun is used in a crime, and ATF traces the serial to the gun store that sold it. They contact the gun store and want to know who they sold it to, they point ATF to me. ATF contacts me, and I tell them "Yeah I sold it to some dude years ago." As far as I'm concerned, that's it. Done deal. Especially considering that I'll most likely be nowhere near where this hypothetical crime was committed, I'm not worried. Who did I sell it to? Some dude I used to work with here in GA (which makes it legal). Sorry man, I can't remember his name, he had a flatulence problem so I usually stayed away from him.
Oh I see. That differs from here in Ca. where guns are registered. I just sold one to a buddy of mine but we are required to go to a registered reseller and fill out paperwork to "transfer" the weapon (with 10 day wait period).

Sounds good.. I'll let you know. Trying to figure out how I can legally get 3K quick...
KillerBee370 is offline   Reply With Quote