View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #32 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBee370 View Post
Question...

I might be interested in that M-4 and in getting it, I would surely hide it away as I don't think it's on the California list of approved firearms. I've got no problem with that but my question is, when you sell a gun, you normally have to complete a transfer in order to release you from liability. How would we get around this?

Since it's definitely going to be off the books on my end... you could just report it stolen for all I care but... ?

Guns don't get registered here in Georgia. And private sale is permitted. So I'm not sure about this transfer order thing. Let's say a gun is used in a crime, and ATF traces the serial to the gun store that sold it. They contact the gun store and want to know who they sold it to, they point ATF to me. ATF contacts me, and I tell them "Yeah I sold it to some dude years ago." As far as I'm concerned, that's it. Done deal. Especially considering that I'll most likely be nowhere near where this hypothetical crime was committed, I'm not worried. Who did I sell it to? Some dude I used to work with here in GA (which makes it legal). Sorry man, I can't remember his name, he had a flatulence problem so I usually stayed away from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBee370 View Post
I too hope things turn around for you bro. That which doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Besides, I understand that there are more unicorns in Canada than here anyhow FTW! (sometimes laughter is the best medicine)
Omg I'm already encountering some funny crap, like Canadians who actually believe they get their healthcare for free. LOL. I'm moving to Calgary, which apparently is the most conservative city in Canada. This does not bode well for me, because I think they're all pinko lefties there when compared to my own political views. Should be fun. I can see it now. "I don't understand, officer, what do you mean I wasn't entitled to kill him 'just' because he broke into my home? What was I supposed to do? Offer him a cup of coffee?"
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote