View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #87 (permalink)
zman1910
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Audi S4
zman1910 has a reputation beyond reputezman1910 has a reputation beyond reputezman1910 has a reputation beyond reputezman1910 has a reputation beyond reputezman1910 has a reputation beyond reputezman1910 has a reputation beyond reputezman1910 has a reputation beyond reputezman1910 has a reputation beyond reputezman1910 has a reputation beyond reputezman1910 has a reputation beyond reputezman1910 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray View Post
That's not necessarily true - the 7AT being quicker that is. According to C&D it was, but they were two different cars measured by different drivers in different conditions. C&D's corrections for conditions are aweful. Also, they plainly state in the testing procedures that for manuals they do not launch the car hard, nor do they shift particularly fast.
You are bringing variables into the equation. If your gonna do that why even bother reading any magazine specs. You could argue variation for just about anything.

As I stated before the only thing you can take out of this is what they are showing you which is the auto is faster in a straight line. Whether you want to believe or not is up to you. I will believe it since this isn't the only car it has been proven in. And I highly doubt we will ever see a comparison set in ideal conditions.

I have rarely ever read of a car being tested on the same day/time with the same conditions and the same driver. It'll almost never happen so this is all we have to go by and usually mag times are reproducible and somewhat accurate. Hell even most above average drivers can best these times as has been proven on many occasions.

Last edited by zman1910; 04-29-2009 at 02:29 PM.