View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 10:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

From past Z cars, 5th was directly below reverse. If instead of pulling towards yourself and down, I pulled down only and tried to go into reverse the syncro mesh gears made an awful grinding sound. I can not imagine anyone then muscling the car into reverse and letting go of the clutch.

With the 370 Z you also need to push down towards the ground on stick then all the way right then back, probably making an awful grinding sound too. This combination/maneuver is so difficult you will not do it, so stop worrying.

If you are stalling from stops just bring the revs up to 2000 and slowly let out the clutch. Later you'll get the feel and will not need the tach or as many revs.
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote