View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 12:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ace
Base Member

Drives: Red 09 370Z CS M6
Ace is on a distinguished road

I ended up getting a red 370z touring coupe sport no navi at a different dealership, which was awesome.
They did a search and couldn't find a red sport touring coup with navi. They said the alternative was a June order with a projected October delivery. They asked me what out of my options I would compromise on. I told them if I had to lose something it would be the navi. The new dealership did another search and found a red sc touring no navi coming into Calgary on spec. I negotiated a deal was happy with and down went my deposit. The car arrived 3 days later to everyone's surprise. I love the car! The dealer has since told me Nissan would not be taking anymore new orders for 09 370z coupes. He said they will fill previously placed orders but no new ones. Apparently, I am quite lucky to have got one. I have been told by the dealer I have the only red one in my city for 09!

So it looks like the original dealership did not place enough allocation orders early enough and when they went to order my car were eventually told sorry your to late no new orders for production. What a bunch of smucks. The new dealership I dealt with was awesome! Rather than simply take my deposit leave me hanging for 3 weeks and tell me it was impossible to get a 370z at all they searched for an alternative for me that was close to what I wanted. Success and a sale! What a load of crap the other dealership also telling me any other dealership will take my deposit and be unable to deliver.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote