View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 12:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewDong View Post
Hey everyone, was debating on whether to go NA or FI, but would like to know any pros or cons with a forced induction setup. Like would there be certain parts that would wear out faster and need replacing? tx
I'll answer

It all depends on what you want as to power goals. FI obviously will give you greater results.

Superchargers take power to make power. but they are easier to install and are usually a little cheaper

Turbo uses the exhaust to produce more power. They cost a little more and tend to take more time to install and require supporting mods, such as a boost controller and others. Turbo's are also more efficient and from my reading and understanding aren't as limited as a S/C in increasing performance down the line.

This is the answer in a nut shell. It all depends on what you want to do. When I was planning on buying a supercharger I had more people talk me out of it and to go turbo then I did have people telling me to buy it. As for wear on the components, well the jury is still out on that since this is such a new car. The G37 has been around for a little with this engine and they have been turbo and S/C it for a while now and there has been no real major issues that I know of. Common sense will tell you though there will be some elevation of wear. How much is still the question alot of people on here are waiting for. I know there is a G37 out there running with a GTM stage 2 twin turbo kit for about 40,000 miles and he is having no issues with reliability. He has performed no engine work and is still running of the stock clutch. Also one is not safer then the other, they both do the same thing but go about different ways of doing it.

Like i said alot depends on what you want to do. I love the sound of turbo's and after doing some reading here or google I found which one is the best for me. Stick with a good company like GTM if you choose to do it, also that way if you buy a turn key kit you will also get a good tune since a good tune will dramatically increase the life of your cars engine. Give Sam a call at gtmotorsports.com and talk to him, I am sure he will be happy to hear from you and address all your concerns and help you decide which application would be best for you. Also use google and search the forums, there is a ton of info on this site.
Frank
toner123 is offline   Reply With Quote