View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Moto
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z
Moto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
Beautiful Z. Congratulations! How does the power compare to the TT? Base with sports seem like the most popular configuration for those who wants a lighter Z. Feel free to check out our tint % thread in the "Interior/exterior" section.. Welcome to the forums and ask any questions you may have.

My TT was fully loaded with the 4cyl 1.8T (225hp) engine and quattro. It was quite a step up from my 87 Scirocco 16v's 125hp engine! Because of the turbo, it always felt very quick because of the onset of boost rush that you'd get. That being said, the 370 is crazy fast comparatively speaking. I've never owned a RWD car or anything bigger than a 4cyl engine so this is quite a drastic change for me. My TT's suspension was modified significantly so it actually handling rather well but the Z is definitely a more balanced car and handles better right out of the box. I don't feel the need to change anything on the Z whereas the TT always had something performance-wise that needed upgrading. The main reason I selected the 370 was to have a "real" sports car at least once in my life. The TT never really satisfied that need for me. I will miss the TT's unique styling, especially the interior which won many awards in its day. The TT just became a maintenance headache and parts were very expensive and Audi's service wasn't the greatest. I'm hoping to experience some of that Japanese reliability that I've been hearing about all these years.

So far, I'm really enjoying this car!

-d
Moto is offline   Reply With Quote