View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
flashburn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Corvette GS 6M
flashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongMan View Post
I guess stock is the way to go with this car. Its still fun even without the performance mods.
Depends on what you are looking for. If you are solely looking for performance, then yes, the gains get exponentially smaller as you get more and more bolt-on mods.

As others will say, the best bang for the buck is either test pipes or HFC's. You also get a more aggressive exhaust note as a bonus.

Personally I want to try and get as much performance as reasonably possible without going FI, mainly because of the added stress and longevity of the engine. Plus, it's always fun getting new parts for the car to keep it "new" to me.

In actuality, if you have the money to spend and don't plan on racking up the miles, a supercharger kit is probably the best bang for the buck possible.