View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 01:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
TamZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Mercedes GL 350
TamZ is just really niceTamZ is just really niceTamZ is just really niceTamZ is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal 370Z View Post
When the oil temp issue first arose I explained on this forum that my motivations for being concerned about this issue were not the motivations that others share—your case is the exact case in point for my motivation. My wife just read this thread and she is mad as hell. Personally, I believe she has every right to be as I believe Nissan is hedging its bet on a very small calculated probability that this will happen which Nissan deems acceptable.

P.S. I have considered signing my wife up here as a premium member, but I am sure after a few posts AK would kick her off the forum. (She doesn't have a problem, "telling it like it is.")
I honestly never gave the oil temp issue much thought--just a "Hmm..well, I never track it so..."

Now, I understand. But I also know I don't drive to Vegas all the time either, in high heat. But still..Some people actually LIVE in places like this and that would scare me.

I still love my car. But I don't think I'll drive it through Baker again in 100+ degree temps. I'll time my trips to not be in the heat of the day. But sure wish I didn't have to worry about that with a new car