View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 08:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Matt
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Avalanche LT
Matt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
Thanks for posting your analysis. I have done just about exactly the same thing as you with my '09 370Z. I dumped the factory fill at about 1250 miles and refilled with Ester Oil. I ran that until 5K miles and then switched to Redline 5W-30. I'm at about 8300 miles now and have been planning on 5K OCI's with Redline for the rest of the time I own the car. I am also using Mobil 1 No.110 filters. I only put about 18 miles a day on the car, straight down the freeway and back commuting. I'm a little concerned with oil consumption though, I've used about 3/4 of a quart in 3300 miles on the Redline. I hope it settles down soon. The car was broken in according to the book. Please post your next analysis, I'll bet a lot of people are also using the Redline rather than the Ester Oil and my guess is that it will turn out to be a sound choice.
Wow, sounds like your usage is about the same as mine. My route changes with what monthly shift I'm on, due to the military base closing certain gates closer to my house; so my route varies from 4 miles a day to ~15 miles.

The oil consumption bothers me though. I've yet to burn or leak any in the 5k miles so far (knocks on wood). Did you have the same consumption issue prior to switching to Redline?

"Any man who can drive a 370z while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the Z the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein....modified.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote