View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #67 (permalink)
wellarmed
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z
wellarmed is on a distinguished road

There have been a couple of new owner/forum participants here with little to no drag strip experience, simply drive out to their local track and record 13.3/105+mph numbers.
They even scanned and showed their time slips. These aren't fantasy performances. That being said... I don't see how a (albeit steller) lone performance of 13.1@108 is "impossible".
The 13.3s at 106 have been documented. That's a fact and if you factor it in, another -.2 sec/+2mph is in the range of just being a everything came together event as far as track and weather conditions.
Anybody with alot of actual drag racing experience knows how much of a factor track conditions can make. Huge. And when it all comes together it can be surprising.
I do not expect that this kind of performance is going to be the norm but there are just too many variables to compare tests that weren't even done on the same track under the same conditions and by different people.

I think rather than argue what is possible or not... just wait and see. I believe that simple bolt-on intake and exhaust mods have the rear wheel dyno numbers over 300 and the real world performance capabilities of these cars will start to show up pretty quickly now that spring is here and some of these are starting to go to the local tracks.