View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Without a computer hooked up that can talk to the ABS controller, you won't be able to properly bleed an air bubble out of the ABS. There are tools available that can do it for most cars, it's kinda like hooking up an OBD-II code reader (same socket), but the tool talks via CAN to the ABS computer and can instruct the ABS to purge itself, etc. This tool: ActronŽ does it for ~1996-2005 domestics, but probably doesn't cover our car. Or you can just have the dealer do it.
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have a hard time convincing them to bleed the brakes even if I offer to pay for it. They're acting all suspicious now, the service writer walked around the whole car checking it out, looking for what I don't know ... signs of abuse maybe? I drive my car hard but I don't abuse it.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote