View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #108 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Ordered the second set of wheels/tires today for my track setup. I know we are trying to get Forgestar to make 18s, which would be more ideal for the track, but even if they went into production today, the first batch wouldn't be ready by the next time attack so I went with another set of 19s.

The wheels are Forgestar F14s again, but this time 19x9" front, 19x10" rear. The Redline Time Attack street class rules limit me to a 285 max width tire so an 11" rear rim would be too wide, hense the 10" rear instead. The color this go round will be the piano black (gloss black) with a neon green "time attack" stripe to celebrate the DDMotorsports colors!

The tires will be Nitto NT05, 245/35/19 front, 275/30/19 rear. I debated about doing a 275/30/19 all the way around but decided against it for a few reasons. First, I think this car will want a bit of stagger, I do not want a tail happy car especially with the high speeds of Big Willow where the next time attack is. Also, since they are the same width as the stock sport package tires, this will give myself and Nitto a much better comparison of how their tire stacks up against the Bridgestone RE050. And the final reason is that although I am sure everything would be fine, I don't want to run into any power steering or suspension problems that could be caused by the added stress of running a bigger tire up front. After this next race, the time attack series goes to the east coast and midwest, not returning to the west coast until late September. Hopefully by then I will have lighter weight Forgestar 18s, better tire sizes, and adjustable front camber at the least!

Now its time to find out if the Nismo extended wheel studs from the 350Zs will fit the 370Z...
Function > Form