View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 06:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

No love for Nikons? Guess I'm a little late to the thread.

OP, you shouldn't be afraid to dive into a d-slr. It's less complicated than you think. Most have an auto mode which funtions similar to a point and shoot. I'm also guessing you compare cameras based on megapixels. The truth is, a 6 mp d-slr with a decent lens will shoot far higher quality pictures than a majority of 15mp point and shoot. The difference will astound you, even if you only use the auto settings. My 1st slr was a Nikon D40 which you could probably find for around $250 now including a lens. 6mp is all you really need if you don't plan on doing a lot of photo editing. You'd be surprised how quickly you learn to control all the settings. The sensors on point and shoots are just way too small and lens quality sub-par. Only real advantage is size and portability, that's it. I know you got one already, but it's not too late. The camera shop I usually go to is Cameta Camera on route 110. Prices are usually lower for just about any camera compared to the big box stores. There website is cameta.com if you want to check it out.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote