View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 01:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
axio
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z
axio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Yeah exhaust temps are a little higher than your usual cooking temps, but for trying it anyways. When I was in the same boat, I googled around looking for an industrial source of higher-temp rubber mat that might work, but never found anything that really looked satisfactory for this application. It'll all be better once you get it bent. The hard part is just finding a good exhaust guy to do the work, if you don't already know one.

The guy I found that fixed mine is really cool, I've been recommending him to everyone around here. He's cheap, he's a genius, very laid back shop, cash transactions, etc His website looks like it was designed by a 13 year old in 1994, but the work was excellent: AFFORDABLE MUFFLERS, L.L.C. , Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Houston

Too bad you're not in Houston though.
Yeah, the tag said it was heat resistant up to 600 degrees... guess they lied.

As for the exhaust guy, I'm gonna take it to my friend's mechanic. Luckily he's open on Sunday so I can make it this weekend afterall. Unfortunately he said he doesn't have a hot torch so if he can't do it the way the Stillen guys recommended, he was gonna try to hammer and bend the pipe. I'm gonna assume he knows his stuff since me basically built my friend's 900whp Supra, so hopefully a few minor bends without using heat will be ok. Thanks for the shop recommendation though, but yeah, Houston might be a little far haha
axio is offline   Reply With Quote