View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 12:51 AM   #305 (permalink)
tbonesteak
Track Member

Drives: MY09 MB 6MT
tbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Here's my view on it. Just like in medicine, the most important step in healthcare (and the cheapest solution) is preventive care. You take care of the problems before they become problems and the final bill you have to pay is a fraction of the one you have to pay when you ignore these problems. Would be nice if this applied right? Oh well...

Nissan, as the multinational multi-billion dollar company that they are, should be well aware of this fact by now. They have smart people working in their company and trust me when I tell you guys that they already had their analysts go through the data of what it will cost them.

In my personal view, Nissan isn't going to do anything for us and we are SOL.

Think about it...the Z is only a small fraction of their business and of that small fraction...only a smaller fraction actually run into this problem because we track the car. Now which one is cheaper....to a) recall the cars/offer oil coolers at the dealer. or b) deal with the few folks who are going to get pissed and maybe blow up their cars from heat. The answer is pretty damn simple. Some people on the internet aren't very bright so I'll spell it out for you; It is cheaper for Nissan to ignore the problem than to take care of us with oil coolers.

Chances are NOBODYS car is going to blow up from heat on the street. If it happens, it will happen on the track, where it won't be covered by Nissan warranty anyway.

So folks... the only reason Nissan would ever do anything is because they have an ounce of moral fiber or because they care in the slightest bit for their customers. The one decent thing they could do is not be stupid against people with oil coolers, because if they do, then the natives will be restless and this will become very very public information for future Nissan 370Z buyers.

Sadly, the odds don't look good for us.
HA! That has got to be the MOST ridiculous........yet the MOST real, true, unbiased, accurate thing ive read in a long time. Reading this reminded me of that one article about women being depreciating assets while men are the opposite.