View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #302 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
All I ask from Nissan is for them not to void the warranty of the people who installed coolers and made the car SAFER. I hope they are reading this forum and I hope they understand how idiotic it is to make a sports car that overheats when you use it.

What they SHOULD do if anything at all, is make a kit available from the dealership at an additional cost...that would add some much needed revenue from enthusiasts and would keep us enthusiasts happy. It could be a GREAT exercise in PR if they make this upgrade discounted/free for 2009 Model owners. That would show they are doing something for their customers in these tough economic times....while at the same time lowering their future service costs when motors start to pop, and not to mention FIX this stupid stupid technical shortcoming. They claim decades of motorsports pedigree, yet they can't design a car without problems even after MANY generations of Z's. I mean come on guys, how many more Z's before you stop messing up stupid details? Its pathetic.
I guess most are hoping that they would do like BMW did with the 335, and make a kit available under warranty to fix the issue. As most have speculated, we doubt Nissan will go this route. I agree with RCZ, a kit made available by Nissan that we can purchase at cost, that doesn't void the warranty would be an alternative. It would also be in their best interest as stated, as it would reduce the potential of warranty claims down the road. Let's hope something is forthcoming before the summer heat gets here.

"They claim decades of motorsports pedigree, yet they can't design a car without problems even after MANY generations of Z's"
This is either a lack of proper testing, which I find hard to believe, or a case of the bean counters forcing "no oil cooler" to cut costs. I can see the engineers arguing with the accountants over this, and the execs taking the "profit margin" approach............. "let the ones that drive spirited foot the bill for an external cooler"

John

Last edited by antennahead; 04-27-2009 at 10:51 PM.