View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
If your pedal was firm, and the ABS is pulsing, that means it's not the pads, since it's still got enough grip against the rotor to "lock-up" the rotors to cause the ABS sensor to release the pads. Sounds more like your tires are over-heated, and relatively little pressure from the pad was causing the tires to break traction.
I think your right about the pads but I don't think the tires were overheated as it was doing it on a cold day on the 2nd run. It was worse on a hot day with the sticky pads but it I don't think it's the tires as there was plenty of lateral grip and it never felt like the tires were breaking traction when braking (no chatter, skip or chirp).
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote