View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
Namir
Track Member

Drives: 09 G37S 6MT
Namir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
M3 CSL also comes standard with race rubbers (Michelin Pilot Sport Cups).

Let's get a couple of things straight about the 'Ring. First, power trumps all. Nurburgring has several very long straights where top speeds in excess of 200 miles per hour can be reached in a car with enough HP. Those sections can be as long as several MILES. The difference between a car that can reach, say, sustain 180mph and a car that's limited to say, 130mph, can be up to a full minute. And vehicle top-speed is a function of it's available HP and aerodynamic drag. Therefore cars with a clear HP advantage will have an easier path to a faster lap time at the 'Ring.
Eh..... I don't buy it.
The radical SRT8 smokes everything with more HP. The Veyron with all its HP can't beat the viper ACR, porsche turbo/GT2, R35 GTR, or ZR1.

I do agree that the back straight means that a lot of time can be made up if you have enough hp but the only place where HP is enough to give you a win is on a drag strip.

Now if the 370z was delimited, it might be able to do something quick (8:15ish) but I don't see it being under 8 minutes.

G37S|6MT|PREM|NAV|Eibach|Ichibia|Injen
Namir is offline   Reply With Quote