Thread: My build
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #56 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Woah, I wasnt saying its taking a while because you can't afford it. All I'm saying is that things didnt work out as planned and its not going to be as cheap as if you had just done it yourself. Not making any assumptions, but don't you think its a safe bet to say that since now you've had to ship it and have someone else work on the car, its going to cost you more money than if you had not? That's all I was getting at.
You are right RCZ my sincere apologize. I may have understood what you said in the wrong context. I sincerely do apologize for falsely accusing you and I was the one to make an assumption. Once again please forgive my piss poor attitude.

To answer your questions though. I wouldn't say it cost more then expected. I assumed that something could go wrong so I set aside some money to accommodate that situation. He didn't find anything extra wrong that I wasn't already aware about, This is the part that made me feel good about the job I did. But upon completion I planned on sending the car some where weather bad or good to a very respectable shop, just to look over my build and to protect my investment. All in all I would have fixed all the things that I have found but to be frank about it I was running out of time. Thats when the real decision came to where I said alright well I planned to send it to a shop anyway so i will just get them to fix the things I have noted. The amount of money spent on everything was between the kit and tools+ shop was pretty damn expensive I Will not lie but this is everything that I have already planned in my budget. My main purpose of me actually installing the kit was for me to learn and understand how it all works. I have never done anything like this before. Yea to save a little money crossed my mind, but i put enough away just in case it had to come to that. The only reason it is taking longer then expected is because me having the car pushed back because of possible deployment.

Any other questions are welcomed and once again RCZ my apologize.
Frank
toner123 is offline   Reply With Quote