View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
johnnydrama
Track Member

Drives: Nismo & FPace SVR
johnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to johnnydrama

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1loco View Post
Are the middle resonators that oppressive? I figured it was just straight through with a touch of perforations...now you got me thinking, though I did want to keep the system plug and play bolt on's....

Why engineers would take a sport designed enthusiast model and kill the music they worked so hard to create is just baffling. At least give the purchaser the option to buy a "quiet" exhaust if they want one...
Well the resonators are there to quite the exhaust down a tad. For example thats why Tony from F.I. offers 3 different x-pipes...(18" resonator, 12" resonator, and non-resonated) each one increases the level of volume. I believe the resonators on our stock nismo are 12" and yea I could definitely tell a difference in volume when i removed them. It's a simple removal... cut em out and weld pipe to replace... if you don't like the sound cut the pipe out and weld the resonators back up. Should be fairly cheap exhaust work too wherever your planning on having it done. Much cheaper than a TP install anyways.
johnnydrama is online now   Reply With Quote