View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Liquid_G
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Supercharged
Liquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinPark View Post
Ok, I've got all of the critical speaker/power wires done:
  • Yellow to Yellow for 12V constant
  • Red to Red for 12V accessory
  • Black to Black for ground
  • White to White for Front Left +
  • White/Black to White/Black for Front Left -
  • Gray to Gray for Front Right +
  • Gray/Black to Gray/Black for Front Right -
  • Orange/White to Orange/White for Dimmer Control
Excluding the rear speaker wires, that leaves the following on the DNX9960 harness:
  • Brown for Mute
  • Blue for Antenna Control
  • Blue/White for Power Control
  • LtBlue/Yellow for Steering Control - which goes to the Axxess
And just a blue antenna wire on the 70-7552 harness (well, mine seems to have an Orange/Black one sitting in pin 10 and I have no clue what that is for because its not mentioned in any of the documentation I can find). Any idea what those first 3 are that are left on the HU harness?

Ok, the reason I asked about the others is because I could use 3 of them to move into pins 6, 15, and 16 because these are the 3 that the steering controls use. I'm thinking of moving the wires from the rear speakers into those pins and then soldering the Axxess leads to those for a nice fit that doesn't cut into the factory wires behind the factory terminal.

Thanks for the tips on the unused wires!
Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but the brown wire I dont think you use, the blue/white should be your remote wire that signals the amp to turn on.. and the blue antenna wire not sure, but is there a power antenna wire in the factory harness? I'm pretty sure that you need that connected to get a good radio signal.