View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
autopc25
Base Member

Drives: 2008 C6
autopc25 is on a distinguished road
Default Nissan Ester Oil is part or full synthetic

I hate to throw another log into the fire. Someone asked in Mobil 1 FAQ if Nissan Ester Oil was synthetic oil. Mobil did a analysis and determined Nissan Ester Oil was "part or full synthetic oil". Has anyone sent a Nissan Ester Oil to Blackstone yet?

Question:
Ester Oil and Nissan Engines
I've just purchased a Nissan 2009 370Z, which has a 3.7 liter engine that produces 332 HP @ 7500 RPM's, and has a compression ratio of 11 to 1. I've been advised by the Service Manager at Cronic Nissan to run Ester Oil in the engine rather than a good grade of oil, like a 5W-30W. He said that Nissan recommends it. Well, I've researched everything I can find regarding the use of Ester Oil in my Nissan 2009 370Z, and I've been unable to find anything that alludes to the use of Ester Oil in the 370Z engine! What's up with the Ester Oil thing? The only use for Ester Oil that I'm familiar with is for air conditioner compressors and other types of compressors!
-- Larry Young, Tyrone, GA

Answer:
We have not been able to get much information on the Nissan Ester Oil but our analysis indicates that it is part or full synthetic oil. Many synthetic oils, including Mobil 1, contain a variety of synthetic fluids, and usually this includes esters. We would recommend Mobil 1 5W-30 or Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30 for these applications.

Ester Oil and Nissan Engines

Ask Mobil 1 Archive - Nissan

Last edited by autopc25; 07-23-2010 at 09:16 AM.
autopc25 is offline   Reply With Quote