View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
LinPark
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
LinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to LinPark Send a message via Skype™ to LinPark

Ok, I've got all of the critical speaker/power wires done:
  • Yellow to Yellow for 12V constant
  • Red to Red for 12V accessory
  • Black to Black for ground
  • White to White for Front Left +
  • White/Black to White/Black for Front Left -
  • Gray to Gray for Front Right +
  • Gray/Black to Gray/Black for Front Right -
  • Orange/White to Orange/White for Dimmer Control
Excluding the rear speaker wires, that leaves the following on the DNX9960 harness:
  • Brown for Mute
  • Blue for Antenna Control
  • Blue/White for Power Control
  • LtBlue/Yellow for Steering Control - which goes to the Axxess
And just a blue antenna wire on the 70-7552 harness (well, mine seems to have an Orange/Black one sitting in pin 10 and I have no clue what that is for because its not mentioned in any of the documentation I can find). Any idea what those first 3 are that are left on the HU harness?

Ok, the reason I asked about the others is because I could use 3 of them to move into pins 6, 15, and 16 because these are the 3 that the steering controls use. I'm thinking of moving the wires from the rear speakers into those pins and then soldering the Axxess leads to those for a nice fit that doesn't cut into the factory wires behind the factory terminal.

Thanks for the tips on the unused wires!
LinPark is offline   Reply With Quote