View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Its interesting because I always tell my gf, who has a G37s, that her brakes feel a lot better than mine around town. Much better initial bite. Do they not use the same compounds on both cars?
Good question. Comparing my stock pads to the Carbotechs that I just removed...the stock pads are dust free because the pad material just smears across the face of the pad and accumulates on the trailing edge. The pads have a groove down the middle and mine are filled with old pad material. It's like using pencil erasers for brakes.

Why would Nissan would put such 'cruiser' pads on their 2nd-from-the-top sportscar? As I've said before, my wife's stock Altima pads have twice the bite of my Z's stock pads.

Keep us posted on the Stillen pads. There has to be something out there that is still pretty dust/noise free but has an improved feel and bite.

Last edited by spearfish25; 07-22-2010 at 07:10 PM.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote