View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #76 (permalink)
Cunnos
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th anniv
Cunnos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeatherman View Post
Cunnos, if this is your first time having two vehicles for different parts of the year, here's my opinion. Make the two quite different from eachother. In my experience, you will really enjoy the differences between the two cars, and appreciate each for its' strengths and weaknesses. The process is quite fun. As far as your thoughts on a WRX... naw. You're trying to keep the sport around, and from my previous statement, for some people, ESPECIALLY those who really like Jeeps, it would get boring to you. I'd think you'd get into your heavily used WRX and say, "Aw, this thing. Okay. It will get me where I need to go." You get into your ol' I6 TJ and say, "Yeah! Let's go bust some drifts! I can't do this in my other car! Let me throw it in 4WD." That's fun. THEN, in the summer, you have the option of also cruising around with your top and doors off while being able to get all of your other jobs done. How fun is that? I really like the way you're thinking, and keep up that mentality. Though some may not agree with me, I think you and I sound like the same type guys. (Older, turbocharged WRXs seem to lose a lot of power as they age. I talked to a guy with one with the bugeye headlamps and he said, "I can't believe how slow my car is getting as it gets older." I don't know what it is, but that's my only fear with turbocharged cars. Things wear out a little more quickly. I could be wrong, but that's what he said.)

Sidenote: As far as the new Grand Cherokee, if they made the styling too wild, it wouldn't appeal to as many people. This previous gen WK Grand, I thought, was the most agressive GC to date. I really think the new Grand is much "classier" and I believe that's what they're going for with this. It's supposed to be their flagship, and with all of the great quality materials, looks like they hit it. Personally, I think it still looks agressive. It seems just a little weak with the taillights. The rest of it... I like. I think you and I might change our tune when they drop the SRT8. Like any car, you make a few minor tweaks and it can make all the difference. Have you read the reviews on the 2011? I have yet to find anything bad said about the truck. Supposed to be a really nice machine... Except for the stupid five-speed tranny, which works fine, but I just believe needs more gears. Five is so, middle-2000's.
Yea I agree man, we are on the same page, having two completely different cars is the way to do it. Thats it, my decision is final----97 Jeep wrangler it is! Thanks for the help, i needed that guidance in such indecisive times! I already found one on cars.com, just like my old one!

I also agree with your thoughts on the Grand Cherokee, i dont think anything will top the SRT-8, ( i guess we'll wait and see), that thing just looks ferocious in terms of styling, its great. I think i will have to take another closer look at the new ones and make another assessment.

PS-should i post a few pics of the previous Jeeps, or do u think everyone here will cop a fit??
Cunnos is offline   Reply With Quote