View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #46 (permalink)
carguyg35
Base Member

Drives: golf cart
carguyg35 is on a distinguished road

Well one thing to remember is the rear axle ratio for the auto trans car. A lot of times the auto has shorter gears that help it accelerate faster. I don't know what this car has but it sounds logical since this auto trans has one more cog. Or the car could use the same rear axle ratio but use shorter gearing in the auto trans itself for the first few gears. Then usually the auto trans has taller gears in the last few gears. So that could easily explain the quicker times. Also the weather plays some of role in drag times as well.

But for the guys with the manual, you guys bought that to feel connected to the car and really experience the driving pleasure at its fullest. Who cares if the auto is a few tenths quicker?

I just wish C and D spoke to the car more since this model tested was without the sports package. I wonder how it rode and how it handled compared to the SP model. I am not sure what model I want. Now I am thinking base 370z either with 6MT and the SP or base with auto without SP. I have been leaning towards the 6MT with the SP.