View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 04:31 AM   #1086 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnavone View Post
These are the results from my dyno before and after the stillen supercharger. My mods include stillen cbe and berk hfc. Unless im reading this dyno wrong im short of the advertised gains by stillen by a long shot.
Tom,
Go back a few pages and look at my torque curve. It looks like yours, except mine trails off slowly where yours take a big dip at 7,000 rpm. That may be that it's too lean up there and it's pulling timing because of the CARB tune? Mine has headers, cats, exhaust, but tuned for that setup. Everything on the dyno curve is really similar to yours except from 7,000 to 7,500. That is the best part of the power band with the FI vq37. I am happy with what it's doing there. It's the 2,500-5,000 part that is really falling short of thier press release, but that part of the powerband gets used a lot.
Kyle emailed me and wants my car back. He says, "I have some really good news for you. Our engineers worked feverishly last week and into the weekend to develop a new tune that we are confident you will be happy with. This new tune has significantly increased the bottom end and mid-range performance. Also, we have refined the tip-in and part throttle performance and drivability."

In regards to those saying this is a Stillen vs. GTM argument, it's really not. This is the Stillen thread. It's about what the Stillen kit is doing and how it's coming along. I post here with my results and my criticisms to inform people, to get educated ideas from the many smart people out there reading this thread to get some new changes moving and to keep everyone updated. As I said previously, the tune for the header/hfc/CBE combo needs some fine tuning. In the end, I think the Stillen setup will be great, even if I am frustrated with the way it works right now.

It still has that sick centrifugal whine, makes 500 hp and hits the traction control doing a 4th to 3rd downshift at 70 mph with 305 width bridgestone RE11's. That's not bad. But I want perfection!

-Phim
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote