View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 01:50 AM   #28 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jit13 View Post
Was the clutch replaced to handle the boost ?
I can answer this for storm hope he doesn't mind

The answer to your question is no the clutch was not replaced. From my understanding they did some test and there was no issue found causing the clutch to wear any faster then what it normally would. When I did my TT install I asked Sam about the clutch also if it needed to be replaced and he said no you will be fine. As storm said above there are people running with the same exact setup with 30,000 miles since the install and have reported zero problems. I believe the most someone has on the car is in the 40,000 range and that is on the stock clutch also. Dependability of the clutch will also depend mainly on the driver, from how he shifts and if he is trying to be speed racer from red light to red light. The last sentence is my opinion and what i was told from a very reputable person.

Storm hope you don't mind that I jumped in on this.

For the record Storm is a very OCD person and accepts nothing less then perfection even on the littlest of things. So who ever purchases this car rest assure that you are getting a great product.
Frank