View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #143 (permalink)
LiquidZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mag. Black 2009 370Z
LiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan93rsa View Post
Every car I had with a cooler/coolers has not had a provision for dumping the oil in the cooler. I wish I could remember where I saw the photo of a cooler equipped with a purge apparatus.

If you don't cook the oil, minimal reason to worry about that after a cooler install, there shouldn't be an issue. I know it goes against reason to leave a quart of used oil in the car. It didn't set well with me in the beginning, got used to the idea.
I figure I'm going to have to live with the thought of it. Anyways, a lot of the synthetics these days are pretty durable and can last thousands of miles after they are supposed to be changed.

I guess an easy fix would be to change the oil more frequently. That way, whatever is left in the cooler isn't exactly "expired".