View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 07:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What are your oil temps getting up to? You plan on tracking the car, or only for street use? A lot of us that never plan on hitting a track will never need an oil cooler, especially us "lucky" ones that have never seen 230+ temps.

As far as "best" synthetic oil, that'll be debateable until the end of time. Pick a brand of oil, check it reguarly and keep it topped off. Use a company like Blackstone for an oil analysis after your oil change and they'll tell you how the oil (and engine) is performing.

Nissan "recommends" its own brand Ester Oil in the manual, however that is not required.
Mattie, you've never seen 230? I've seen it but only in heavy traffic in 90+ temps. And it never got above 230, even when sitting on I-95 in the Bronx at 95F outside temp.