View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
pty370z
Track Member

Drives: over the speed limit
pty370z will become famous soon enoughpty370z will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the input so far..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeeee View Post
It depends on the face of the wheel since (as other members have stated) the brake clearance depends on face not offset. The only thing offset will affect as far as clearance is strut clearance and fender clearance. With that being said, a +22 should clear fine.

If you don't know what the numbers are for the face you're using, you might want to post up what wheels you're going with and we might be able to help you if it's something common. For instance, TE37 or Type-F with 19x9.5 +22 is guaranteed fitment for the Z34 Akebono.

Take for instance a TE37 with 19x9.5 fronts. A +12 offset and a +22 offset wheel will have the same brake clearance, but the wheel barrel will be offset from the hub. A +12 offset wheel will be 10mm closer to the fender (or past it) than a +22 offset wheel. Tire sizing also plays a major factor in whether your wheels will fit.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more detailed questions.
I'm planning to swap the sport Rays wheels with the new ones using the stock sport tires for now. So, I'll stick with the stock size sport tires until they need replacement and then I'll get wider Hankook Ventus V12.

I'm thinking later down the road I'll go with either 295's or 305's for the rear and 255's for the front.
Exterior: INGS+1 * SEIBON * FUJIMURA * PW:JDM * UAM * KICS * VOLK
pty370z is offline   Reply With Quote