Thread: Water Spots
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

you want to start with the least abrasive option which is clay, but use the Griot's yellow clay (aka mud). ive tried Meguiar's soft blue clay and it scratched the nissan paint. no issue for me cause i have a random orbital and different polishes in my detailing cart,

if that doesn't work you can try mild polishes such as ScratchX on a foam pad. you'll need to put some elbow grease into it unless you have a random orbital. if that doesn't work ideally you want to try a firmer pad before switching polishes, but you can go to a slightly more coarse polish such as Griot's Polish3 or Prima Swirl using the same pad.

work the product in a circular motion until it is dry to the touch. there are diminishing abrasives in there so you need to make sure you work it in until all the abrasives are ground up nicely. wipe off with some quick detailer spray, inspect, redo as needed.

wax afterwards cause clay and polishes will remove wax/sealants.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote