View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by import111 View Post
Um, ABS stands for Anti Lock Brakes. Sounds like ABS is doing it's job just fine to me. I have done VERY aggressive braking in the 370Z and the brakes feel great to me. I can get some chirping out of the front tires without locking them up completely which means the ABS is working perfectly.
That "chirp" that you get is from a brief moment of lock-up (mere milliseconds). The point of ABS is to achieve maximum braking potential by riding the edge of lock-up. I'm not getting even close to the edge, there is no chirping, right now it feels like I have the drum brakes from a 1930's truck only with rock solid pedal feel.

The track conditions were very grippy so there has to be a reason for the malfunction. I hoping that it is something as simple as tire diameter confusing the readings the ABS computer is taking from the wheel speed sensors.

RCZ, what tires are you using, still stock?
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote