View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
FairmanZ
Base Member

Drives: Z34 future owner
FairmanZ will become famous soon enough
Default Just got back from Tokyo myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianUSMC View Post
Great advice from all of you! ha. Yeah, I am actually deployed out here in japan (not tokyo, though, this is my first visit...). I went and visited the main nissan gallery showroom in tokyo, took some pictures of the Z's and GT-Rs they had there. Also took some pictures of the 'brochure' of the Tochigi Plant that the Z's get made in. It is a bunch of crap that the Factory is closed April 25 - May 5 for Golden Week, but holidays are holidays...

Oh, and fysa, I will be back from deployment mid-July (back to southeast US). Can't wait to see the delivered Z...

Where do I find vendors for parts!

B
I just got back from another business trip to Tokyo this very weekend. Been going there on business for the last 15 years. Seems you already found the Nissan Gallery showroom in Ginza. They have two, the small one right off the main street and then their HQ building.

Yup, too bad about the factory tour. The first major holiday in Golden week starts on April 29, it honors the last Emperor. The last one, Children's day, is on May 5th.

As for vendor parts, I don't know of a Nissan specific shop, I'm new to Nissans. But for all kinds of aftermarket stuff (including Nismo) I'd suggest you pay a visit to Super Autobacs. They've got locations all over Japan, but the store I like is in Tokyo Bay (Shinonome), it's huge.

オートバックス ドットコム - お店のご案内 - スーパーオートバックス

The Tokyo Bay store is very easy to get to. Start from Tokyo station, take the Keiyō line to Shin-Kiba. At Shin-Kiba, transfer to the Rinkai line and get off at Shinonome (it's the very next stop IIRC.)

From the train platform at Shinonome station you can spot Super Autobacs easily, it's a 3-4 minute walk from the station.
FairmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote