View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryK View Post
SoCal-- I considered using the spare threaded hold-down to fasten the box, but then I'd have to unscrew the subwoofer to get to the hold-down to remove the spare tire. I plan on hooking the box to the rear sheet metal so it doesn't come flying in an accident.

JL has other 8" subs (as do others) if you can't get the cubic space you need for a flat 10 or 12" version. I believe the flats require more power, also.
Depending on your outer housing circumference, could you spin the entire assembly with the clamp being embedded at the bottom of your housing. Just a suggestion as I don't want you doing something I suggest and then it turns out like crap, and you end up hating my suggestion.

Last edited by SoCal 370Z; 04-26-2009 at 01:02 PM.
SoCal 370Z is offline   Reply With Quote