View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
No. The whole point of backpressure tubes is that, past a certain exhaust velocity, they're bypassed. In other words, they're variable -- they give you backpressure at low rpm (which is where you want it), but don't restrict flow at higher rpms. If you just narrow the piping, you lose that variability. These tubes are really no different than what HKS did on their exhaust for the 350, so I'm not sure why everyone is so puzzled by these secondary tubes. (Well, maybe people haven't ever seen the HKS 350 exhaust or something.)

Semtex,

Thanks for the pic post as I wonder whether the 5Zigen does not have a similar setup when viewed underneath with the extra cans atop the actual mufflers? Can you please fly your private jet to Japan and find the answer for me? Inquisitive minds want to know. (Now watch AK smoke me on finding this out first.)

Last edited by SoCal 370Z; 04-26-2009 at 01:15 PM.
SoCal 370Z is offline   Reply With Quote