View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 05:14 PM   #95 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

As Caravanshaka has mentioned we have issued a call tag and will be returning his fascia. As soon as that fascia arrives we will be installing it on one of our cars and video taping the entire process.

I just came back in from the shop where I had the modeling shop guys test fit one of the fascias that we pulled off the shelves this morning. It took a bit of time obviously to remove the factory fascia and the windshield washer bottle but the actual installation of the fascia took between 15-30 seconds. I recorded the installation from start to finish and also included some talking with instructions on some of the key points just to clear up any confusion. In my opinion the fit is perfect. As soon as we install the final clips and bolts everything will be tight and in its perfect mounting location. You will see this video before the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravanshaka View Post
I kinda figured he'd offer to send me a second set of "ears" to test, which I probably would have done just to do my due diligence.
I did consider this option however there is no point. At the end of the day those pieces come out of a mold and the parts are all the same. New ears would have made no difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched_z View Post
I got the V1, I had the same problems that you had. I am really good friends with the owner of the body and we worked on it after hours. The biggest problem I had was with bubbling under the headlights we made small metal bracket and fastened them to the bubbling part to stop it. Then we had to cut, trim and reattach stuff to make things fit right. It was a huge PITA! I got a good buddy discount, I just had to pay for mats so Im not sure much a shop would charge.
The bubbling issue in the front of the head light was definitely a big headache and one that we are very disappointed in. I'm sorry that you experienced such a hassle in making it fit correctly. For the V. 2 we added some extra length to the area under the headlight which will keep that strength there and maintain its structure.

Last edited by Kyle@STILLEN; 07-19-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote