View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #51 (permalink)
Liquid_G
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Supercharged
Liquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinPark View Post
A sad day indeed - I honestly get incredibly nervous every single time I get under a car and I have one of those coming up soon to change my own oil. How safe is it to have one of these 370Z's up on 4 jack stands? I'd like the car to be as level as possible when draining but if its not worth the risk I could easily stick with just 2 stands and chocks.
When I installed my exhaust/HFC's, I had the car up on 4 jackstands.. way up in the air.. I have 4 Hi-lift SUV jackstands (each rated at 3tons) Overkill for the Z but at 25 bucks a pair at sears it was a no-brainer..

I actually thought the car was MORE stable on 4 jackstands then on just 2. With 2 wheels on the ground,, you have some play from the suspension that still allowed the car to move. On the 4 stands it was rock solid.. I opened the driver door and really tried to shake the car as hard as I could... didn't even budge..