View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Braking problem - malfunctioning ABS

Since I've got the car I've done 3 auto-x events. The first 2 events were on the stock brake pads, this last event I did with Hawk HP+ pads.

On all 3 events I had problems with the brakes where I was experiencing a type of "ice mode" where the ABS would activate seemingly prematurely. It seemed to be happening with both cold and hot brakes so temperature didn't seem to be a factor.

If I braked lightly there was reasonable braking force, if I braked harder the braking force would go away and I would "skate".

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? The only change I made to the car was tires, I installed Bridgestone RE-11's.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote