View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you are literally there watching them every minute you run the risk that they will f-up your rims. Even the best of the tire stores are only as good as the staff they have hired. I go to a high-end tire store that has been around for decades and is known for custom rims; I've seen crap there that should not fly, but does. Some of the worse is when a shop has several employees working changing one vehicle's tires: one to remove and install the rims, one to mount the tires, and one to balance the wheels. The best way is having one person work the job from removal to install. I know the head of the shop where I go and I always slip him a twenty when I get new tires. He sees the job from beginning to end and that includes a four-wheel alignment.