View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
When I bought my trans am late on a friday, they called me up Monday and said "we need another $2k on the downpayment." I told them no. They said, well, then we will have to modify the contract to raise the interest rate. I again told them no. They said, well, you have to do one of those, or you will have to give the car back. I said "okay, I'm on my way." They called me up while driving over there, they somehow made the deal work. I know there are reputable dealers out there somewhere, but people hate car dealers for a reason.
And people who are only marginally interested in cars and finances have it the worst. They're not going to be bothered to learn "the language of the deal". They might make the classic mistakes of buying based solely on monthly payment, allowing the dealer to place them in a car, or being afraid to walk away if the numbers don't suit.

Hell, part of my routine is that I never accept the deal on the first day, even if I like the numbers. I always leave the dealership for a few days to sleep on and digest all that has occurred. Salesmen, especially sales managers, hate me for this.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote